Warehouse Distribution Manager
- Number of years in the warehouse and storage industry?
- How did you start your career within the warehouse industry?
Picking & packing within a retail area of the group business.
- What does your daily role entail?
Providing direction and ensuring effective leadership to warehouse team members. Planning, meeting goals and objectives within the storage business. Also managing activities/tasks, working with people, ensuring K2 Storage Solutions provides excellent service and value for money.
- Which areas of your role do you enjoy the most?
All, I am fully committed to providing quality service for all customers
- What is your toughest challenge?
Getting the K2 brand known and having others believe in us.
- Which member of the team is the biggest character and why?
Adam, always gives his best and is keen to improve on his performance.
- Which areas of your role do you feel have changed the most due to technology in the warehouse & logistics industry?
Computers and their role within the industry, communication, e-mails instead of phone calls, internet
- Which areas of the industry do you feel will become more important to prospective customers in the future?
Quality service at the right price.
- Which areas of the business have you seen the most growth in?
The latest warehouse and storage technology enhancements and the benefits they bring.
- What one thing would you change about the warehouse industry?
People’s attitude about the warehouse industry!
- What advice would you offer to someone thinking about entering into a career in logistics administration?
Enjoy it , be open minded and learn from others.
- What do you do in your spare time to help you relax?
I enjoy photography and messing about on my computer with the photography I have taken and I always try to learn new things in this area.
- Who is your biggest hero?
I love to learn to about photography as it is a real passion of mine. In my spare time I review a wide range of You Tube videos on photography to pick up some great hints and tips. I get inspired by lots of different photographers, but Mark Cleghorn is one of my biggest hero’s.